Monday 23 May 2011

Raynalds Mansion, Much Wenlock

On a recent visit to Much Wenlock in sunny Shropshire I saw this building, Raynalds Mansion, on the High Street. Although one of the window frame carries the names of 'John and Mary Raynalds 1682' as far as I can find out the core of the building is actually a lot older. The building opposite for instance, The Talbot Inn, dates from 1360. I was particularly impressed by the purely decorative geometric patterns created by the wood work.





If I ever get the time I'd like to attempt to make a scale model of this building. I'm sure it would make an eye-catching addition to my meagre collection.

4 comments:

  1. Nice pics!

    Definitively, this building is very inspirational...

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be some undertaking, that's some building.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll put this done on my Too-Do list of visits and models.

    Tony
    http://dampfpanzerwagon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll look forward to seeing that Tony. Would make a fascinating model.

    ReplyDelete