Tuesday 20 March 2012

Necrons, Games Workshop - Part 4 of 9

In order to create an effect of a plasma gun GW provide twelve plastic rods (that appear florescent green) rods which form the barrow of the weapon. Several of these rods split when I was removing them from the various sprues. One broke clean in two and looking awful when I super-glued it back together. Slightly depressed and not knowing what to do as an alternative, I stared at the sprue for a few minutes. Then I noticed that one long side of the spruce was free from markings so I cut a section out and thinned it down to match the others. Surprisingly the plastic didn’t look too bad. It then occurred to me that I may be able to use the same material to create a light-sabre type weapon to replace the sword I had planned for another figure. First I removed the hand and handle from one plasma gun and then made a pistol from various different square and round section plastic rods.
A replacement handle was cut out from plastic card. To achieve the correct look with the plasma gun for the light sabre figure I simply cut away the right hand and hollowed out the handle.

2 comments:

  1. Ingenious; I think I would still be staring at the broken barrel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michael, I spend a lot of time staring at the sprues. Yes, I do need to get more!

    ReplyDelete