Monday 11 January 2016

Skeletons, Games Workshop

My brother spotted these figures in a local toy shop, suggesting that they could be used for Dragon Rampant. I'm assuming these are relatively old as I can't find any reference to just plain old skeletons from Games Workshop anymore. There are only five models but from what I've read the game doesn't always require six and twelve models per unit. I have a few Mantic skeletons which may be useful to bolster this unit. 
Front View
Rear View
Box Art
Sprue front detail
Sprue Rear Detail
Unusually for a Games Workshop product there are no alternative head or weapon options available. You only get enough to make five skeletons armed with spears and shields and no head options.
I wanted to give the impression that these skeletons could have existed for centuries. To achieve this I added the rust and verdigris effects more generously than I would normally. 

With the film 'Jason and the Argonauts' firmly in mind I may buy a few ancient Greek hoplites for these to spare against, but that's another project for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment